Free Home Decor Projects
Baby Shower Frame Project
This is a great gift for a baby shower or child's birthday because it can be personalized with their name or initials! We used wooden baby alphabet blocks (available at hobby or toy stores), but you could also use wood cut-outs, flat-back beads, lace ribbon or anything else small enough to fit on the frame border!
- wooden 5x7 picture frame with flat-faced frame (for easier gluing)
- 2 packages wooden children's alphabet blocks
- 1 yard thin red ribbon
- craft glue (we used E-6000 because it dries clear)
- 1 small piece coarse-grit sandpaper
- 1 large book (to hold blocks in place until glue is dry)
- Remove the glass from the frame and place frame face-side up on work-table.
- Lightly sand the frame surface to help the glue adhere well.
- Glue the blocks around the frame either in alphabetical order or you can spell phrases such as "baby" , "it's a boy!" or the child's name.
- Set the book on top of the frame and blocks to hold them in place until all glue is dry.
- Once glue is dry, use the ribbon to glue small bows at the corners for decoration.
- Give this special present to someone special and enjoy!
You can use small wooden or plastic cut-outs of the child's favorite cartoon character, beautiful wire-rimmed metallic ribbon as a border, mosaic ceramic tiles or just about any theme you can think of to "personalize" this project!